Sunday, May 31, 2009

Anna Boehler- 'Cori loves the moon' series

I spent Thursday evening changing the art work I have up in my house, and want to get into the habit of rotating some of the stuff I have stored - so it isn't just hidden away in my studio. I thought it would be cool to catalogue it via this blog, to share some of the pieces I collect and enjoy.

This work is a collage by Anna Boehler, from the show 'hier und da'. Anna is a German artist, who came to Canberra in 2008 an undertook a residency at Megalo Print Studio, and her artist's statement from the exhibition explains how she draws ideas from both Germany and Australia:
'The subject matter for my collages was a exploration of landscapes, integrating both visual material from my homeland with my visual interpretation of the Australian flora and landforms I encountered during my stay.' 

Thursday night I finally got around to framing this and now it's sitting pretty on my lounge room wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment