Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Spring?


I know nearly all you people in Canberra can't wait for spring and warmer weather...but seriously where has Winter gone? Why are people telling me how many weeks are left before christmas? Why is there now a Law and Order UK?

I had every intention of getting home early (in daytime hours), to take the dog for a walk and photograph some of the beautiful blossoms around the suburb. Another simple task failed - but in the end it might have worked out for the best.

I got home just before 6.30 and went walking as it was getting dark. The blossoms contrasted beautifully with the inky blue sky, and the air was all crisp. You could smell spring in the air, but not like you can on those kind of warm days. It was hard to explain, but the mix of daphne and plum blossoms was kind of balanced out by the damp cool air. I think you had to be there.


No comments:

Post a Comment