Friday, February 5, 2010

Bharat International Shop

My goodness Bharat, why have I not visited you sooner?

Now I'll be the first to admit that I am easily excited of late. The weekday world of the yellow house has shrunk to be something very small...with just trips to work and straight back to care for the hound. Aside from some lovely friends who have been visiting to check up on us both (read keep us sane), the only consistent interaction I've had with the world is of the 9 - 5 type.

So it was with some of my favourite 9-5 folk that I went on an excursion and had lunch at Bharat.

And let me tell you - there is a lot to be excited about!

You order from a stainless steel counter and pay the man at the till. Then you eat lunch at a little diner type area at the front of the shop. The next step is to work your tasty,cheap lunch off by strolling up and down the aisles in search of wonderful statues, bulk sacks of rice, incense, and exotic fragrant spices.

I had a big dish of chick peas with samosas for $6.95. I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was.

Go try for yourself at 17 Oatley Crt Belconnen.


No comments:

Post a Comment