Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The plus of not being able to sleep

This morning I woke up after four hours of sleep and stayed wide awake. This is bad, and I think prompted by stress...but I choose to remain in denial and focus on the good parts.

Being stressed will help me lose weight. Not sleeping provides me with more time to do things, which is important seeing most my time has been taken up with paid work. See. Convinced?

But this morning was nice to not sleep and to get up before the rest of the world for a walk. The cloud cover made it not freezing and the night was yet to turn to day. The roads were empty and most of the houses were yet to stir. About one in ten had lights on, shining out from the inside, and the longer I walked, the more lights that came on. Until I arrived home as the light came on in the sky.


3 comments:

  1. you do know that the world cup semi finals are on, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flip. I didn't think of that at the time :( I was too busy worrying about things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to stop by and say I had your benevolent postcard society postcard today, really love it! Very impressed that you did the artwork yourself! Hope you manage to get some sleep soon...

    ReplyDelete