Sunday, April 10, 2011

Everlong

I've been toying around with the idea for an exhibition based on songs...more on the later. Tonight Rage programed Everlong by the Foo Fighters and it reminded me of the time I saw the Foo Fighters in Sydney, many years ago. The band left the stage and Dave Grohl played Everlong, an acoustic version. It was so beautiful I cried.


It is probably most uncool to like the Foo Fighters, but I love their earlier albums. I think Dave Grohl often writes beautiful lyrics, and they are songs I'm prone to play over and over. I haven't really listened to any of their new stuff, except for that terrible double album with the Best of You on it. Now there is one Foo Fighters song I just can't listen to anymore. The song is great, and I watched that video and played that song over and over again during a particularly difficult time in my life. It has such a strong association with that period that I'll do everything I can to avoid that song.

I just tested that, and got to about 30 seconds of the video clip. Maybe one day?

2 comments:

  1. I like the early albums too---anything before their "AIDS isn't real" advocacy.

    (It's not that I stopped liking them because of their views; it just so happens that that's when they started to get shit.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise that was their views....really? Dang.

    ReplyDelete