Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Museum of Modern Art - Heide







The Museum of Modern Art at Heidi is a very special place for me. It has been a long time since I've been back, and a lot has changed. It is a place haunted by images of stories I have read, about Joy and Albert and poor Sweeney.

They weren't all happy when they lived out at Heidi, all of those complicated lives entwined. But they were true to themselves - maybe a little too true in a way. Sharing love, life and all that which goes with it.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been yet. Can't believe I didn't go while I was living and working in Melbourne. I have read a bit about them all too - fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should go! It is a great gallery - if you get the chance read the book Dear Sun by Janine Bourke. Such an amazing group of people.

    ReplyDelete