Monday, June 13, 2011

South American Folk Band - they sure do get around

Isn't it funny how you can bump into the same South American Folk Band just about fricking everywhere. We were on our way to Kadakoy (or Karakoy - I just always get those two confused, but never mind) and there in the ferry terminal was the South American Folk Band. I turned to one of my traveling companions and said, 'hey - thats the South American Folk Band from the Bus Depot Markets!'

She said 'I know - that is the same South American Folk Band that came to Weetangera* primary school when I was ten!'

I then said 'come to think of it, I've also seen that exact same band in Prague, Sydney, New York and London - what a small world!'

So I went up to the South American Folk Band and said 'Hey guys! I don't want to seem like a groupie, but my friend and I have seen you in Weetangera, Kingston, Prague, Sydney, New York and London and now in Istanbul. How weird is that?'

They just looked at me and smiled and launched into an acappella version of Guantanamera, but from the corner of my eye I glimpsed a brochure....and I saw the shape of a pyramid. Could it be true? That South American Folk Bands are the product of a complex international pyramid scheme?

*She might have said a different primary school - I forget

No comments:

Post a Comment