Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hello, my name is Harvey and this is my story

Once upon a time I lived in a city far far away. The city wasn't fun, because I lived in a warehouse - all grey and alone. I'd sit in my box and shuffle back and forth, and dream about a life that was different. I'd imagine the stars in the night time sky, dream about that sky changing to dawn, and wondering how things could be so different... if there could ever be a life with love and laughter.

Then one day I went on an adventure, on a bumpy ride through the city streets, and then through the air.

Two days later I arrived in the arms of a kind gypsy girl. She was so beautiful, with big brown kind eyes and shiny pretty hair. The gypsy girl fed me with love and whispered in my ear that my home was only halfway there.

She wrapped me in bubbles and brown paper all crisp, and slipped out with me in the cool night time air. We rode in the white chariot through the country and then into the city, first to get the punk rock boy, and then arriving to the loud, happy room.

It was dark inside my bubbles and wrap, but for once I didn't feel sad, or scared. The darkness wasn't like before because I knew there was happiness all around.

We went further into the night and she slipped me from her pocket to yours and told me that I was almost home. There was music and dancing, and with your coat on the ground I could feel the beat of the sound. It was like a giant heartbeat. And then you went to go, and put on that nice coat - digging your hands deep into the warmth of its caramel pockets.

I heard you sound surprised, and then a hint of light and the bubbles were away. Then a squeal and happy smiles, and special gypsy friend.

And now I'm home in your mini world in the yellow house, with its hearts, and birds and puppy dog love. And now it is also mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment