Wednesday, June 5, 2013

When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up, and why?

The same friend who asked me about my perfect Canberra day asked me this question: When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up, and why?

I can't exactly remember the answer to this. I think in second grade when I was in love with Miss Gold, I wanted to be a school teacher. She was such a wonderful teacher, I don't know exactly why, but I had a crush on her like seven year olds do. And when I was a bit older my love of animals led me to the job of vet. Then I decided I couldn't put animals down, so that ended that. Goodness knows what other jobs came and went and the job that I was probably suited to but just didn't know.

At home I would spend hours designing the interior of my Barbie's imaginary camper van and then her house. Drawing upon drawing of different rooms, and for the camper can - you know I had to fit a lot into that small space! I'd draw different versions, switch the rooms around. I loved doing this, and it wasn't until a few years ago that I thought...if only I recognised this was maybe ARCHITECTURE!  


No comments:

Post a Comment