Monday, November 4, 2013

Bike riding to work attire - it is a tricky thing

So this morning I was happy with my work and cycle attire. Skirt below the knee and quite full, so easy to cycle in. Easy to cycle in with the wind. Against the wind a different story. Full skirt balloons in the wind and over 8 k's, posed quite the challenge. I'm not sure if you have to see proof, but I did take a photo (before I spent the rest of the ride with one hand firmly holding my skirt down), so you might as well see the degree of difficulty faced. On the plus side, the other picture shows what a glorious day it was for a bike ride! 





5 comments:

  1. All the way from 'the U' to Belc? Bike paths are useful. Canberra looks nice.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah - I had a day at ANU today, so not THAT impressive, but halfway impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well good. I mean ALL the way to Belc.. You can have to many leg muscles.

    Are you mature age studying?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No! I'm not disciplined enough for that, unless it is studying how to procrastinate and waste time. I was there at a policy conference trying to learn shiz and hoping some of the smarts from those PhD kids would rub off. I don't feel smarter but sometimes it's just nice to get out of the office and listen to other peoples ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS - I did look up on the google maps to see how far to Belco and it would take an hour. On a bike. With hills. Big ones.

    ReplyDelete