Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Feels good to be home

Longs drives mean optimal thinking time for me. 290 plus kilometres of thinking time (270 of that in the drizzling rain). I won't bore you with the thought process because it really does not make sense. How does a rational happy person end up a blubbering mess after listening to one too many sad songs in a row....quite easily as it turns out. I really need to learn how to NOT THINK SO MUCH. I also need to learn how to make a happy driving playlist.

But when it comes down to it, it's ok to feel sad you know, because it helps you understand what makes you happy. Driving into Canberra with its rolling brown hills and bright blue sky, I felt at home. This is where I belong, maybe not for always - but definitely for now. I've made a place for myself here, with people that I love who will be forever people. And in the words of Kanye - feels good to be home. 







No comments:

Post a Comment