Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Gnocchi!

It's been a long time since I have made this recipe...maybe when I lived in Sydney?! I don't know why I stopped making gnocchi...and I don't know why I thought to make it again. But anyways, here how it goes.

Boil the crap out of around 500 grams potatoes. Push through a sieve or ricer.

While still hot, add 1.5 cups of self raising flour. Add generous pinch salt, and an egg.

Mix in a box until it starts to form a dough. Instead of kneading on a board I pick a big enough bowl so I can do the kneading in it. 

Knead for about 2 minutes and then quarter the dough. Put some flour onto a board and roll each into thin sausages and then cut gnocchi at about 2 centimetres. Make a fancy shape with the back of your folk and then pop in boiling water for about 3 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment